1212 Broadway Street
Oakland, CA 94612
Elisabeth Collins, PMHNP-BC Female
Elisabeth “Liz” Collins, PMHNP-BC, is a board-certified child and family psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner with more than fifteen years … Read More
Treatment focuses include: depression, trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), attention deficit disorders (ADHD, formerly ADD), affective disorders (Bipolar Disorders), substance use disorders (alcohol, benzodiazepines, tobacco, harm reduction) and managing anxiety and panic disorders without benzodiazepines. Due to the evidence* of the risks of benzodiazepines (Xanax, Klonipin, Ativan, Valium, and others) she does not use these medications to manage symptoms but works with patients to find effective alternatives and then slowly, gently, discontinue dependence or use of benzodiazepines and controlled sedative medications.
Telemedicine Appointments Available
For your first appointment with Lis, please:
– Arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete paperwork that will be used during the assessment.
– Parking is limited in downtown Oakland and the 12th street BART station is conveniently located just below our building.
– Bring medications, medical records, and some notes on what is bothering you and your goals for treatment.
– During the assessment, Lis will ask about current mental health symptoms, previous psychiatric symptoms and treatment, past medical and social history, and your goals for treatment.
– If started on time, with the intake paperwork completed, the appointment allows 50 minutes to meet.
Summer Savon, M.D., Ph.D Female
Summer Savon, M.D., Ph.D, has always been interested in what makes living joyful and meaningful and to that end has trained in both molecular science … Read More
Candice Rugg, PMHNP-BC Female
Candice Rugg, BSN, RN-BC, MSN, PMHNP-BC is a board certified psychiatric nurse practitioner, who received her undergraduate degrees from Mills College … Read More
She is especially interested in working with patients who may struggle with substance use disorders approaching treatment from harm reduction model, utilizing trauma-informed care and considering a holistic whole-person focus when considering treatment options with her patients. Care offered is client-centric and non-judgmental.
Other areas of interest include sexual health/sex positivity and is passionate about providing culturally sensitive care that is gender-affirming, body positive, Alt sex/Alt relationship-affirming, LGBTQIA informed (+ally). Candice loves offering up book recommendations and podcasts to her patients, and loves receiving recommendations back as well. In her spare time, she’s likely to be getting lost in Mexico City.
PRONOUNS: SHE / HER