I hope everyone is getting used to doing initial evaluations and follow up appointments via telemedicine. We have heard a lot of feedback from our payers and they are letting us know how much they value continued services by all the clinicians at Community Psychiatry. There are a lot of outpatient psychiatry practices that are not able to navigate conversion to telemedicine and it has caused a significant decrease in available mental health services. We are getting calls from our payers and patients asking for new patient appointment availability, both for med management and therapy.
Considering the likelihood that we will be getting an increased number of calls at intake, I wanted to clarify how we will be handling the scheduling of new patient appointments:
– Intake will follow your preferences for new patient limit except for when there is open time in your schedule in the next 2 business days.
– If your schedule has open time in the next 2 business days, then a new patient can be scheduled above your preference. This has always been a policy at CP but we rarely needed to use it. This is one of those times.
– We can exceed your preference by one new patient.
– Intake will do their best to not schedule back to back new patients.
– Intake will continue to align patients with your geographic area unless you have identified yourself as a clinician who is willing to see patients outside of your geographic area.
– Intake will ensure that patients are aware of telemedicine requirements.
I sincerely appreciate the services you are providing to all the patients. Please feel free to reach out to me or Alicia if you have any questions or concerns.